Followers

Friday, February 15, 2013

Girl & Kitty

Outlawz Challenge for February 11th is to case a card from the DT  I chose a card of Sandra van Blaricum's to Case.  The card can be seen here -
http://cardsandcreativity.blogspot.ca/2012/09/sketch-challenge.html




I chose to do my card in a similar design, but used a different 3-D image by Christine Haworth Designs; a girl with a watering can and a cat instead of a dog.  I mounted the image on a die cut from Spellbinders.  Stamped a Happy Birthday Sentiment on the top of the card.  Instead of lace and shirred ribbon, I added a piece of cardstock with ribbon running through it.  Sandra had some beautiful stitching down the left side of her card, but I chose to add butterfly peel offs - Magenta Style on that side.  The DP is from My Minds Eye.
Think my choice of red may be a little overpowering, but I think the little girl I'm sending it to will enjoy it!



Started to make this post last night, but my company arrived for the weekend so I am just trying to complete the post - everyone else has gone to bed.

1 comment:

Mavis Burnham said...

I love the way you made the adjustments to the card from DT. Very sweet 3D image too. I really like the use of the butterflies. I would not consider the red too powerful.