Followers

Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring Butteflies and Flowers


This card is for the Series 3 CDACPC13 Progressive Challenge.  This image from Crafting With Jack does make you think of Spring and of the flowers that will soon be blooming.  The background is DP from Color Bok.  I first stamped the butterfly on a transparency, embossed it with gold and then mounted it on a piece of shiny white cardstock that I had stamped with a pad using Tim Holtz Alchol Inks.  I used pop dots behind the butterfly to make it sit above the flowers.  The larger flowers are from Pettaloo, and even though they are meant to be colored I left them white to fit into the background.  The top flower is from my stash.

Strange day to-day it blows and the snow falls, but does not stay, then it is bright and sunny, I guess it is just telling us that winter isn't over yet!  Just a few more weeks of curling left for this season.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

OH WOW! What a great idea Jackie! Thanks so much for joining the Progressive Challenge fun at CDAC. It's wonderful to see what you’ve created with these fun images. And how great is it to have all this inspiration shared!
Darlene
MMSC DT
MY BLOG

Donna Moore said...

Jackie, those alcohol inks are a superb way of showing off this butterfly! I haven't used that technique in years and am so glad you reminded me how gorgeous it can be! Beautiful work!!!
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
hugs
donna
cdacpc-dt