Followers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Old Fashion Golf


I am going to enter this card into the CDAC Midnight Madness challenge MMSC105, I have chosen the KISS version of the sketch we were provided with.  I am quite pleased with my card.  The image from the Stamp Barn  is embossed, with Stampendous black embossing powder.  The paper has a leather feel to it and the back is a metalic copper color.  It is from my stash so don't know the mfg.  The ribbon top and bottom is one of my favorites for male cards. it is from So-Facile Canada Inc.  

The above is a card for my eldest sons birthday, I do love to tease him about his age.  He is retired now, but works under contract.  He does have more time for golf, as he does not always put in a five day week.  He has a very sports minded family, everyone has their own favorite sport including his wife and three boys.  All favor a different sport.  His is triathalons, but is training now for an Iron Man race. 

To-day is card day, so must be on my way.  To-day we play out in the country, so on my way home I pass several farms that sell plants.  If it isn't raining, I hope to stop and get some new plants for my garden.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I love the way you "kissed" this image. I'm sure your son will enjoy this terrific card. Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I can't wait to see your next creation.
Valerie M
Priscillastyles Design Team

marsha said...

This is stunning! How gorgeously vintage and so perfect for a masculine card! Thanks for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, hope you will come back and join us for another exciting challenge!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT